Mary-Beth Percival, MD, MS is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology at the University of Washington. She is also an Assistant Member in the Clinical Research Division at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Her clinical practice focuses on patients with AML and myelodysplastic syndrome, in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Dr. Percival is involved in the development and execution of clinical trials for AML patients, as well as in epidemiology research to help determine (and improve) the factors that affect survival and outcomes for AML patients.
In this webinar, Dr. Percival will: discuss
- The different types of AML and treatment strategies
- Who is a good candidate for a marrow/stem cell transplant?
- Various transplant options for AML patients
- Therapies for patients who relapse after transplant
- New therapies being investigated to help AML patients?
- Questions to ask your doctor when deciding on a treatment strategy.