Presenter: Krishna Komanduri MD, University of Miami Sylvester Cancer Center
Dr. Krishna Komanduri is Professor of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology, and the Medical Director of the Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program at the University of Miami Sylvester Cancer Center. He is also the President of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. His laboratory research focuses on studies of cancer immunology and has been widely published and supported by the NIH and cancer-related foundations.
In his presentation, Dr. Komanduri will cover:
- What is CAR-T therapy – the rationale and process
- How CAR-T might benefit patients with various diagnoses
- Research to date
- Who might benefit from CAR-T therapy
- Limitations on what we know, eg. how long it is effective, late effects, etc.
- Ongoing clinical investigations
- Potential side effects of CAR-T therapy and their management
Thank you to Kite Pharma for supporting this webinar.