- Find out what is meant by a phase I, II or III trial.
- What should you consider when deciding whether or not to participate in a trial?
- Learn how you can find an appropriate trial.
- What are realistic expectations regarding outcomes?
- Understand safety issues.
About the presenter
Dr. Marcie Riches is an Associate Professor of Medicine, Director of Clinical Research and Data Quality in BMT, and the Clinic Medical Director for the BMT Clinic at the University of North Carolina Hospitals.
She serves as the Scientific Director for the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) Infection and Immune Reconstitution Committee. She is also an Associate Editor for the medical journal, Bone Marrow Transplantation, and a protocol officer and medical monitor for the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute/National Cancer Institute (NHLBI/NCI) Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network.