Join nationally recognized multiple myeloma expert, Dr. David Vesole for a discussion about:
- The different types of myeloma
- How type of myeloma affects treatment options
- When to take a watch and wait posture about treatment, and when more aggressive action is required
- Stem cell transplantation
- What are the different types of transplant
- Goal of transplant
- Quality of life after transplant
- Maintenance therapy after transplant
- New therapies on the horizon that may benefit myeloma patients
Following Dr. Vesole's presentation, he will respond to your questions.
Meet Dr. David Vesole MD, PhD, FACP:
Dr. David Vesole is Director of Myeloma Research at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center, and Director, of the Myeloma Program at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital.
Dr. Vesole’s research focuses on the management of multiple myeloma, amyloidosis and Waldenstrom’s macroglolinemia. He has more than 25 years of clinical research experience in plasma cell disorders and stem cell transplant.
Dr. Vesole is a member of the scientific advisory board of the International Myeloma Foundation and a member of the International Myeloma Working Group.