Presented by Morris Kletzel MD, FAAP, MBA, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago and Tara Henderson MD, MPH, University of Chicago Medicine Childhood Cancer Survivors Center with panelist Julia O'Malley Stepenske RN, Advocate Children's Hospital and SurvivorVision.
Run Time: 38 minute presentation, 30 minutes Q & A.
Dr. Kletzel and Dr. Henderson discuss:
- factors that influence the development of complications late after a pediatric transplant
- hormone deficiencies that can affect growth, pubertal development, fertility
- long-term effect of transplant on heart and lungs
- secondary cancers
- long term follow up testing
- transitioning to adult healthcare