You are here
A comprehensive and easy-to-read book that's a must for patients considering a transplant using donor bone marrow, blood stem cells or cord blood. The book walks the reader through what to expect before, during and after transplant and includes the perspective of patients and caregivers as well.
"BMT InfoNet is a leader in identifying patient needs and developing educational programs that focus on the entire spectrum of blood and marrow transplantation – from pre-transplant phase to long-term survivorship. At our center, we frequently use BMT InfoNet’s educational materials for patient teaching and support.”."
Navneet Majhail MD MS
Director, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Cleveland Clinic
- History of Transplantation
- An Introduction to Transplantation
- Choosing a Transplant Center
- Finding a Donor
- Being a Donor
- Insurance and Fundraising
- Emotional Challenges
- When Your Child Needs a Transplant
- Preparative/Conditioning Regimen
- Graft-versus-Host Disease
- Relieving Pain
- Family Caregiver
- Planning for Survivorship
- Late Effects in Adults and Children
- Sexual Health after Transplant
- Family Planning
- About Blood Cells
- Understanding Blood Tests
- Glossary of Terms
This book was made possible in part by a grant from Gamida-Cell, Pharmacyclics, an AbbVie Company and Janssen Biotech, Inc.
CLICK HERE to order in Spanish.